Everyone is welcome to join our weekly meditation on Monday evening at 7:00pm. All levels of experience are welcome. This group is great for people who have never meditated before and for those that have been meditating for years. The only prerequisite is a desire to meditate with others with a variety of experience levels in a supportive group setting. This group is open to all schools of thought and you are welcome regardless of your religious tradition—Christian, Jewish, Hindu, Muslim, Buddhist, atheist or agnostic. You are welcome if you have no label for your beliefs or do not wish to pursue anything other than a greater sense of peace, equanimity or physical health in your life.
LOCATION: We will meet at 7PM at the Montrose Beach House at 200 W. Montrose Harbor Drive. http://bit.ly/LcykgF If you are not familiar with Montrose Beach, you go directly east on Montrose Harbor Drive, turn right at the first fork in the road by the bait shop and walk half a block further. The beach house is on the left side of the street. We'll meet on the front steps and walk out to the beach as a group. (Call if you get lost -[masked].)
PARKING and TRANSPORTATION: There is a metered lot in Montrose Harbor if you are driving. There is also limited parking (free) on Montrose. If you are riding a bicycle, be aware it will be dusk when we are leaving and a bicycle light is advisable. Public transportation that drops you at Montrose and Marine Drive will mean a half mile walk to the beach.
WHAT TO WEAR / BRING WITH YOU: When you come to the meetup, wear comfortable, loose-fitting clothes. Since we will be on hard packed sand, please bring your own cushion, blanket, yoga mat or foam blocks—whatever it is that makes you most comfortable when you sit. Please arrive at 7PM. We will walk out onto the beach at 7:15PM. Thanks in advance for coming early or on time!
• We begin the evening with a "centering" practice and a brief group introduction.
• Next, the organizer goes over some brief instructions.
• Then we begin two 15-minute meditation sessions. A bell will ring after the first 15-minutes and again at the end of 30-minutes. Usually, we do a 10-minute walking meditation which you can participate in as you are able.
• Since we will be on the beach, it won't be conducive to conversation, so we will not do the reading. We'll enjoy some light refreshments after the session at the beach house for those who would like to stay.
• The session typically lasts 90 minutes.
SUGGESTED DONATION: The fee for each session is a $1 suggested donation to cover the meetup.com fee, parking permits and space costs. We are responsible to pay a generously reduced rent to Holy Trinity. Please be mindful that heat, air conditioning, lights and janitorial services come with costs. When you can practice generosity for the gift we have been given, it is greatly appreciated.
If weather should become inclement that day, please watch the website for a change in plans. We'll meet at Holy Trinity, 1218 W. Addison as we usually do if it is raining.