addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Chicago MongoDB User Group Message Board › Welcome to the Chicago MongoDB meetup group!

Welcome to the Chicago MongoDB meetup group!

Michael U.
uzquiano
Westlake, OH
Post #: 1
Hey everyone!

This meetup is for all of the MongoDB fans out there in Chicago and in the Midwest who are using MongoDB in either their business, startup or project! Whether what you're doing is very large or very small, we hope you'll hang out and share with us what you've been working on!

In my view, MongoDB is the leading NoSQL document-database. No question about that. It simply has too many advantages (query, off-loaded map reduce, blinding speed) to not lead in this category. It has been a game changer for Gitana, the next-generation NoSQL content repository I've been developing.

How has it been a game changer for you?

I was really inspired to see all of the MongoDB projects happening in the Midwest and especially in Chicago during the Chicago MongoDB conference held last week. The technology investment in our city by the lake is heating up (and has been for awhile). It's time to have some fun. With hackathons, code camps, Startup Weekends, Lean Startup conferences, incubators and much more, Chicago is fantastic place to innovate.

Let's bring it!

Michael