addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-leftarrow-right-10x10arrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcredit-cardcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobe--smallglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1languagelaunch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinlockm-swarmSearchmailmediummessagesminusmobilemoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahooyoutube

Chicago Skeptics Message Board Skeptical Activism › Last Minute Action Alert: Stand to support reason and science at anti-vaccin

Last Minute Action Alert: Stand to support reason and science at anti-vaccine rally Wednesday.

Jennifer
jnewport
Group Organizer
Chicago, IL
Post #: 20
Hi all; this is extremely last minute, but if anyone has the afternoon off tomorrow and is interested in going to see how the anti-vaccine crowd rallies, several members of the skeptical organization Women Thinking Free Foundation are planning to attend the anti-vaccination "American Rally for Personal Rights" tomorrow afternoon in Grant Park. I'll be working, so I won't be attending, but if you're interested, email Asst. Organizer Bruce at bcritelli at mac dot com so you can find out where people are meeting. Some of the skeptical folks are going simply as observers, though some who are going may be handing out facts on vaccine safety and importance. The rally officially runs from 3-5 pm, but people attending the rally are encouraged to arrive early to see booths and mingle and hook up with supporting organizations.
Dave D.
dave.dandelion
Chicago, IL
Post #: 605
I'm in!...maybe. Thanks for the headsup.
Dave D.
dave.dandelion
Chicago, IL
Post #: 606
Dave D.
dave.dandelion
Chicago, IL
Post #: 607
FaceBook Event: Anti-Vax Rally Response in Chicago

Please share so lunchtime loop working FaceBookers will be notified!
Dave D.
dave.dandelion
Chicago, IL
Post #: 608
Whew, that was fun!

I didn't actually think I was gonna be able to go with you know, work and stuff. But I worked extra special hard and through lunch to stave the tide enough to squeak outta there and bike like a bat outta hell to the rally. I hooked up with a facebooker friend, Bruce, Jamie and other skeptic ninjas. Some leafletted and got into a few arguments while others melted into the crowd and observed and documented. I took some pics:

http://www.flickr.com...­

Afterwards we grabbed a brew and good times were had. Success!

Thanks Niffer!