addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcredit-cardcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobe--smallglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1launch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

The Chicago Social Dance Meetup Group Message Board › Facebook!!! News on dancing in the Chicago area that may be of interest to you.

Facebook!!! News on dancing in the Chicago area that may be of interest to you.

Carey Tyler S.
user 11079586
Des Plaines, IL
I have created a facebook page for Chicago Social Dance. This is not intended to replace the meetup group, only to be a supplemental information resource for anything not closely enough related to the purpose of the meetup group to warrant notice here. That means to save you getting lots of emails from the meetup group.

http://www.facebook.c...­

I am still a novice at facebook, so help and suggestions are welcome.

The intent of the facebook page will be for *ALL* of us to post information of interest to other dancers, including:

--News of an imminent dance, so scheduling a meetup would not be possible.

--Notice of a dance that is a bit out of the way, such as Elgin, Kenosha, Joliet, etc. Not many members would go that far, but I want to make sure anybody living out that way has the opportunity to go.

--Reports on dances people have gone to. Espcially positive reports, though constructive negative ones are OK too, like "bring old shoes, the floor may damage your best ballroom shoes" or "arrive 30 minutes early or you may have to park 3 blocks away"

--Dances that are couples only (sorry, most members are singles, and couples are welcome to come to our meetups, but until we have a good size group of singles going, we can't meetup at a couples dance).

--Dances that are upscale (like $50 per person).

People who run dances may post information, not more than once per month, and ONLY when there is something special, like moving to a new venue, a dance that is free (at least for CSD members) when normally they are not, MAYBE a special out of town teacher, but best to check with me. Announcing once a month that you have a weekly dance is NOT allowed. The once per month is per person not per dance, so if you run 4 dances a month, you can make ONE post if there is something special, like no cover that one time only.

I have started the facebook page with:

Bobby sanders orchestra dance in August

Ballroom dancing in Waukegan

Free singles dances next weekend

and,

ta-daa! weekly free argentine tango lessons and separate dances all summer