addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Chicago Dining and Cultural Exchange Message Board › I am completely P.O.'d

I am completely P.O.'d

A former member
Hi all,

As you may have already or will soon notice, Meetup has changed their look and feel. There was no advance warning given to me or, it appears, anyone else. The new interface is, IMHO, awful. I can no longer post pictures of venues, which I find to be important so people can locate events and in addition the whole site now feels very confusing.

I am strongly considering moving the group somewhere else, probably Facebook, where at least I don't have to pay for the privilege of being jerked around. Please let me know if that's going to be a problem. I will stay with Meetup until my next payment is due at least, so nothing will happen for a while and rest assured that I will give everyone fair warning before we make a move.

Thanks for your attention,

John
Susan
SusanD
Chicago, IL
Post #: 2
I don't like it either. Why mess with success?
Debbie
user 10008976
Chicago, IL
Post #: 8
I'll be more than happy to follow on FB. I have a book club that dropped off Meet up and went to FB and it works well.
A former member
Post #: 2
We don't care either way how you organize the group and will be back to attending some events soon. Any plans for restaurant week, or is that too out of the bounds of this group?
A former member
Post #: 52
We don't care either way how you organize the group and will be back to attending some events soon. Any plans for restaurant week, or is that too out of the bounds of this group?

Hi Lisa,

I saw that RW was coming up; I'll check into it and see what's on offer. I also have a list that I am working through, look for something soon!

John
JD
jdurston
River Grove, IL
Post #: 772
Hi all,

As you may have already or will soon notice, Meetup has changed their look and feel. There was no advance warning given to me or, it appears, anyone else. The new interface is, IMHO, awful. I can no longer post pictures of venues, which I find to be important so people can locate events and in addition the whole site now feels very confusing.

I am strongly considering moving the group somewhere else, probably Facebook, where at least I don't have to pay for the privilege of being jerked around. Please let me know if that's going to be a problem. I will stay with Meetup until my next payment is due at least, so nothing will happen for a while and rest assured that I will give everyone fair warning before we make a move.

Thanks for your attention,

John

I quite agree. They took away some functionality. I noticed a few weeks back that the email functionality changed the same way. I complained, and they changed it back temporarily while they fixed it.

As far as images go, you could potentially add images via editing the HTML code, but you would have to upload the images to an existing website to link to it. This is kind of a pain and not easy for most Organizers to do. Actually, I see the image link on this message post, but it doesn't exist on the Event description. You might be able to get into the Message Board and then cut and paste from there into your event. I'll have to try this.

I wonder if Meetup even announced this change. I know they didn't with the email changes. Hopefully, they'll add missing functionality shortly.

Good luck.

JD

Update
HTML image tag works. You can link to a photo in your photo album or anywhere on the internet. Check out this event (organizers only). It's not user friendly, but it can work.
http://www.meetup.com...­