addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1launch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Chicago Chess Message Board › Chicago in international chess news!

Chicago in international chess news!

A former member
Post #: 14
Chessbase has an early-round report on the Sixth North American FIDE Invitational taking place here, in our very own city!

http://www.chessbase....­

Here's a direct link to the tournament page:

http://www.nachess.or...­
Jae L.
mochithepug
Chicago, IL
Post #: 62
VERY Excellent!

FYI, the picture of the venue is the Touch Move Chess Club. A chess club run by IM Angelo Young (Illinois State Champion.) A future event for us might be to just meet there. When we do so, I will waive our normal membership fee and ask that you just pay Angelo directly for the time at the club (I believe he charges $2/hr or thereabouts, I'll give more details when we organize this.)
Jae L.
mochithepug
Chicago, IL
Post #: 64
Another FYI

One of our members FM Albert Chow is playing in this tournament. Most of the week has gone already, but Saturday will hold two rounds the first at 10:30 AM and the second at 4:00 PM. Visitors are welcome as long as we respect the players (no noise or unnecessary movement.) I'm writing this from the Touch Move Chess Club Friday night while watching Albert play his game against IM S. Muhammed.
A former member
Post #: 174
wow that kid is good. maybe the meetup can hold a tournament like that
Jae L.
mochithepug
Chicago, IL
Post #: 69
yeah Robson was pretty amazing. I sat and watched him do a bit of last minute cramming before playing against Angelo Young -- his preparation makes you forget that he's just 13.