addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Chicago Chess Message Board › New Event: 2007 IL Class Chess Championships

New Event: 2007 IL Class Chess Championships

Jae L.
mochithepug
Chicago, IL
Announcing a new event for The Chicago Chess Meetup Group (CCMG)!

What: 2007 IL Class Chess Championships

When: Saturday, December 1, 9:00 AM

Where: Click the link below to find out!

Event Description: I wanted to let you know about the 2007 IL Class Championships that will be held at Oakton Community College (1600 East Golf Road, Des Plaines, IL 60016.) No charge for this one, I think that as part of any chessplayer's experience they should check out a competitive tournament. There will be plenty of players there and not just the people who come to compete. You'll have a good opportunity to see what a tournament is like as well as check out the culture. Sometimes these tournaments have a vendor on site where you can get hard-to-find chess books or deals on equipment (sets, boards, clocks.) This is an all-day event which gives you flexible options to attend, you can come in the morning and stay the whole day or come later and stick around for just a short time.

But I want people to go also for a selfish reason which is that I'll be playing in my class section. Another Member, FM Albert Chow will be playing in his section as well. Here's a link to the information site and I hope that people will be able to make it.

http://www.nachess.or...­

Learn more here:
http://chess.meetup.c...­
Jae L.
mochithepug
Chicago, IL
Post #: 70
sorry guys, when I said no charge -- I meant no meetup charge. It is free to spectate, but there are entry fees to compete, here are the particulars:

Date: Saturday December 1, 2007.

Rounds: 4R-SS

Time Control: G/60 with 5-sec delay

Sections: M/X, A, B, C, D/E/F/U - Unrated must play in M/X or D/E/F/U section & win only book prize.

Prize Fund: $3000 b/80 paid entries

Location: Oakton Community College - Business Institute. 1600 East Golf Road, Des Plaines, IL 60016.

Section Prizes: M/X: $400-200-100, Class A: $350-$175-100, Class B: $350-175-100, Class C: $300-150-75, Class D/E/F/U, $300-150-75. Book prize to top unrated.

Special Rules: November 2007 Rating Supplement. No playing up - must play in your own class. BRING BOARDS, SETS, AND CLOCKS - NONE PROVIDED. USCF & ICA Membership Required (OSA). NS,NC,W.

Entry Fee: Early Entry Fee: $50 Adult, $40 Youth both postmarked by 11/24; $65 Adult, $55 Youth at door (Youth entries count as 2/3 entry).

Re-entry: $25, 1/2 bye given for Rd 1. Cannot re-enter after Rd 2.

Round Times: Reg: 8:30-9:30am, Rds: 10, 12:30, 3, 5:30.

Contact Information: Sevan A. Muradian - 847.919.0431 or ilclass@nachess.org

Mail payments (made payable to) and registration to:

North American Chess Association, 2516 N. Waukegan Rd. Suite 342, Glenview, IL 60025