addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1linklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Chicago Dads Group Message Board › Tips and Tricks for Putting Down Your Little Monster

Tips and Tricks for Putting Down Your Little Monster

Mike
user 67822572
Chicago, IL
Post #: 1
My daughter is now 3 months old. When she starts to get fussy, i go through my troubleshooting process: What time did she last eat? IS there a soiled diaper? Is she too hot or too cold? Is she teething?

More often than not, she's reached her stimulation threshold, and so it's time to go to sleep. What's odd is when she is real tired, the harder it is for her to go to sleep.

What are your tips and tricks to put down the little monster?

Mine has been and still is to swaddle her in a thin blanket making sure her arms are to her side nice and tight, then I hold her across my chest, on her side, facing out. I switch arms maybe, but always facing out or down.

After that, just a little waking around, a little swaying and some baritone humming. More often than not, 10 minutes later, she's out.

What do you all do?

Mike
Richard O.
RichardPOwen
Chicago, IL
Post #: 3
Hey Mike, seems like you have the football hold worked out. One other thing that worked really well for us was to sit on a fit ball, the gentle bounce seemed to relax our daughter. We tried a few other methods, like humming and walking but the fit ball worked best for us.
A former member
Post #: 14
Nice!

You pretty much explain what I go through. My son turned 11 months today and I use a baby wrap [Link]. It saves my arms and back. Really comfortable for the both of us.

In addition to the nap routine I have sweet melodies by Alejandro Fernández and Alejandro Sanz playing in the background. On those really fussy days, he eventually calms down.