Event duration: 5:30 pm - 7:30 PM
This Meetup is a follow up to our recent sewing event earlier this month. We are partnering the event with our friends from Groupe Professionnel Francophone.
If you are in the loop, please drop by just after work. 4 sewers/ironers from the past sewing event will be present.
We will sit down and plan our next steps to help our friends.
Topics will be:
1. Cataloging our 1,000 gently-used children books/booklets and get them ready for shipping.
2. Mapping out plans of soliciting additional books and also French language school books from the Chicagoland area
3. Latest news about our partner in Haiti. His name is Frank McKinney who had build (14) villages in Haiti prior to the earthquake. One of his schools there will be the recipient on our first batch of books shipment.
4. Gently-used sewing machine project and how to get additional ones. An indoor drop-off / staging place on the 2400 S. Western Ave. in Chicago has been secured.
5. Plans for our July sewing event.
High-light of the event will be a short presentation by:
Ms. Aimée LABERGE, Directrice of Programes: ALLIANCE FRANCAISE of CHICAGO
There is a $ 12 at the door (ca$h only) / Suggest dress code: Sport-/business-casual.