---> PLEASE READ THE ENTIRE EVENT DESCRIPTION <---
Join us for our annual ChicagoVeg Thanksgiving event!
Last year Thanksgiving potluck-style diner was loved by everyone. It's an opportunity to try a variety of unique dishes, save money, and being creative! This year we will do it again!
WHAT WE WILL PROVIDE:
• Space for the potluck (we will try to have as many tables and chairs as possible).
• Desserts donated by the event sponsors.
• Raffle prizes (Send a message via https://chicagoveg.com/suggestion if you would like to donate extra prizes).
• Some extra paper plates, plastic cups, plastic "silverware", paper towels
WHAT TO BRING:
• Beverages to drink/dish to share. It can be homemade or purchased (as long as you know all ingredients to list them next to your dish). Must be vegan. Please spend $10+ for your dish.
• Serving utensils for your dish
• A list of the ingredients for your dish (in case some people may have allergies or special diets).
• Although we will supply them, we encourage you to bring your own plates/bowls/cups/utensils (to be more eco-friendly)
• Some cash to donate
• The expectation to have a great time!
• We will be on the second floor in John Baran Hall of the Center on Halsted which is located in the same building with WholeFoods (a great opportunity to grab something to bring for a potluck in case you did not have time to make anything).
• There is parking on the streets and paid public garages around. WholeFoods parking in the building does not accommodate the Center on Halsted's guests. Bike, public transportation or car-pooling might be a good idea.
• The Chicago Diner (https://www.veggiediner.com) - Donating dessert
• Purple Sprout (https://purplesprout.com) - Donating dessert and prizes
• Kal'ish (https://www.kalishvegan.com) - Donating raffle prizes and pizza
• Veggie Grill (https://www.veggiegrill.com) - Donating dessert
• Tofurky (https://www.tofurky.com) - Donating raffle prizes
• Arya Bhavan (http://www.aryabhavan.com) - Donating raffle prizes
• Alice & Friends' Vegan Kitchen (http://aliceandfriendsvegankitchen.com) - Donating raffle prizes
We will announce specific donations on http://facebook.com/ChicagoVeg as well as list more sponsors as we hear from them. Please send a message via https://chicagoveg.com/suggestion for your business to sponsor the event.
• 5:30 - Volunteers arrive to setup the space. (Please send a message via https://chicagoveg.com/suggestion if you would like to help!)
• 6:00 - Check-in & Socializing begins. Please don't be late!
• 6:30 - Dining starts.
• 8:00 - Raffle Prizes Announcements.
• 8:30 - Event ends. Clean up.
• 9:00 - The center is closed.
• Entrance: $5 (Cash only please). Kids (under 10): Free.
• Please bring extra cash to buy raffle tickets (one raffle ticket for every additional dollar donated). All donated money will go toward Pro-Vegan Billboard project. For more info and donate on-line: https://chicagoveg.com/billboard
• Please use the "Comments" section on the bottom of the event page to offer/ask for rides and to post any questions or comments.
This is kids/family friendly event. Please respect our No Intoxicants Policy: https://www.meetup.com/ChicagoVeg/pages/No_Intoxicants_Policy/
Please invite your non-vegetarian friends to enjoy this evening with us!
THIS IS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY TO ENJOY A VARIETY OF VEGAN FOOD, SOCIALIZE WITH OLD FRIENDS, MAKE NEW ONES, AND SUPPORT TO SUPPORT A GREAT CAUSE - ALL IN ONE!
Bring your entire family for this kid friendly event!
SPACE IS LIMITED - PLEASE RSVP IN ADVANCE.
Any question or comments? Car-pooling arrangements? Please use "Comments" section on the event page.