<< UPDATE: DUE TO EXPECTED RAIN BETWEEN 12 and 2PM WE MEET AT 2:30PM FOR VOLLEYBALL ONLY. LOOK FOR US AT THE COURT NEXT TO OUR USUAL LOCATION >>>
This is a continuation of the very successful events from the past 9 summers.
• Montrose Beach on Lake Michigan (PLEASE see the map above) We will meet at a grass area SOUTH of the beach house - located on the east side N. Simmons Drive, between Wilson and Montrose. If you see the big antenna and/or the big white building, just go a little SOUTH and you will find us!
• See the picture of maps above or a better picture here: http://chicagoveg.com/potluck.htm
• Look for the "ChicagoVeg" sign
• Noon - 1:30 PM - Arrive, socialize, frisbee (introductions and start eating around 12:30PM)
• About 1:30PM - Volleyball begins.
• Driving: There is a lot of parking by Montrose Beach, however some of the closer parking may fill up quickly, which is one of the reasons to arrive before noon :)
• Public transportation: Several CTA buses stop at Montrose Beach, although it may be a bit of a walk to the picnic (< 1 mile). For more info: http://tripsweb.rtachicago.com
• Bike: Riding your bike is a good option. Remember, you can usually bring bikes on Chicagoland public transportation.
WHAT WE WILL SUPPLY:
• Volleyball and net
• Drinking water
• Some extra paper plates, plastic cups, plastic "silverware", paper towels
WHAT TO BRING:
• A beverage to drink/dish to share - Please follow our Potluck Rules: http://www.meetup.com/ChicagoVeg/pages/Potluck_Rules You are welcome to check out Recipes of the meals at our potlucks: http://www.meetup.com/ChicagoVeg/boards/thread/7521957 where people shared some recipes from our previous potlucks.
• Please use Comment section on the event page to let others know what you plan to bring.
• Please check what other people will bring and specify what dish you plan to bring as you RSVP so all of us won't bring a potato salad!
• Although we will supply them, we encourage you to bring your own plates/bowls/cups/utensils (to be more eco-friendly)
• The expectation to have a great time!
• Please use "Comments" area in the bottom of the event page to offer/ask rides and post any questions or comments.
This is an outside event and subject to weather conditions. We will post any changes to our website and will send an email.