addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

ChicagoVeg» Chicagoland Vegetarian-Vegan-RawFood Community Message Board › NOVEMBER MEETING RECAP

NOVEMBER MEETING RECAP

Vadim
vadim424
Group Organizer
Oak Brook, IL
First of all, thank you to all 25 members who attended our Nov. 9th dinner at Balanced Kitchen. It was very tasty Vegan food and good mix of people.

Second, per our discussion during this meeting we will be looking into possibilities:
- To have some other events besides dinners;
- To have some special topics/themes for our future meetings or possibly to have some speakers;
- To create presents on some other Internet portals (i.e. Facebook.com) to attract more members and promote vegetarian lifestyle.

Our "executive" team (Kurt, Karen, and I) are committed to organize about two events per month to keep our group alive and active. If anyone would be interested actively participate in helping us to organize new events please send me a message.

Shortly you will be getting announcements of new events that will spread about a month apart. It doesn't mean we will not include additional events for these months as we go and will find something interesting. At this point, other than Karyn's, we plan to have dinners in the following restaurants: Amitabul, Arya Bhavan, Soul Vegetarian East.
If you have any other suggestions please email them to me.

We are currently looking into a possibility to find a free/low cost space for us to organize some other events (potlucks, parties, speakers, etc.) If you know or can suggest anything, please contact Karen (http://www.meetup.com...­.

Thank you to all of you for participating and making our group being meaningful and fun.

Vadim