addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo
Vadim
vadim424
Group Organizer
Oak Brook, IL
Post #: 73
Thank you for stopping by at our booth at Chicago VeganMania
Please enter ANY comment here or just say "Hi" to enter for our drawing.
The prizes:

- Book "World Peace Diet" by Will Tuttle with his autograph
- CD "Living in Harmony with All Life" discourse by Will Tuttle
- $25 Best Buy Gift Certificate

The first winner will be able to choose any of three prizes above, the second winner could choose from remaining two. The drawing will be held on Oct. 15 and all 3 winners will be notified by email.
A former member
Post #: 1
Hi! Veganmania was great!
A former member
VeganMania was awesome! Please enter my name to win a prize :-)
Beth A.
user 8820051
Chicago, IL
Post #: 3
Hello, hopefully veganmania will come back next year because it was awesome.
A former member
Veg*nMania was awesome! I really hope they do it again next year. I got so caught up experiencing everything that when I looked at the watch intending on going to the meetup (I was listed as a "maybe") the time had flown by - and I was in desperate need of an ATM to pick up some more goodies. So many great individuals were there I was too busy chatting away everywhere else but apparently where the meetup group was to be LOL, so I did not get to join the group. I fell in love with this little button I picked up at Herbivore, hence my username on here! My fridge now has a sticker saying "Tofu Slut" LOL. Anyways, I'm sorry I didn't get to meet you all - but I'm hoping to get in on the next gathering next weekend. I hope everyone had as good a time as I did!
Melissa
user 8744676
Chicago, IL
Post #: 2
It was great meeting you guys! I had a lot of fun at Vegan Mania :)
Alan
user 10289894
Chicago, IL
Just _really, really_ nice. Apologies for not helping at booth, I was selfish about checking out everything else (blush).
Some comments, I hope you can pass on to the VeganMania organizers:
- Great speakers, all of them.
- Getting in to the building was quite slow, not sure what wasn't working, but I'm glad it was not raining or weather colder.
- I bet the building was low rent, a plus, but perhaps (a bit?) bigger space next year.
- I think the food vendors needed more space, my impression several times was that there was a single line to all of them, 3/4 of the way around the room.
- Vendors, samples: I think the "Meet Match" people, and the vegan marshmallow people have the taste nailed. The booth that had 5 cheeses and coffee, the cheese flavors are close, keep working please. Chicago Diner: that blueberry muffin is to _drive_ for :-). The Veggie dog people are doing well on flavor, not sure if it was the bun or dog that tasted a lot like wheat bread. (This former carnivore still misses some things, sigh.)
- Vendors, food ticket prices, portion sizes: seemed fair and reasonable, I felt I could do a lot of sampling, without getting overstuffed on one over-large, over-priced item, and then no tummy-room or budget for the other nice munchies. It didn't feel like the food vendors were just there to make big bucks.
- I think there was a shortage of things to drink, seemed like just mostly the vending machines with soft drinks.
- A few more (some landlords are cranky about taping) signs on the walls, it took me a while to realize I was missing the room with ChicagoVeg and others in it, and get back there.
- Entryway/lobby. Seemed a little dark.
- Speakers "versus" entertainers. Is there a way to arrange the overlap so we can hear all of each speaker, and some of each entertainer... or vice versa. Oh, wait, I'm trying to do it all! :-)
- An idea: a _moderated_ "open microphone" time slot, where people could have a minute or two to ask/tell "how I stay veg(itari)an, bring up other points or questions, maybe ask some the "off duty" speakers to be there to respond.
- Please don't think I'm really critical or big-time unhappy from above remarks, it was a difficult space to work in, and this is your first(?) time organizing.
- All-in-all, just a very nice day, wish it had been longer.
- _Please_ do again next year.
Thanks to VeganManina & ChicagoVeg, and all the others!
Vadim
vadim424
Group Organizer
Oak Brook, IL
Post #: 74
Alan - Thank you very much for your nice and constrictive ideas. I will definitely pass it to VeganMania organizers.
Everyone - Please put here ANY comment by Oct 15 so we could enroll you for our prizes!
Valentina
user 10157794
Chicago, IL
yaaaay for VeganMania! it was great! laughing
A former member
Post #: 11
Trying to win some prizes ;o). VeganMania was awesome, awe-inspiring, and CROWDED! For once, I was pleased. I'm so proud of Chicago folks who put this on and big props to Chicago for being Vegan friendly. I had a great time.