addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcredit-cardcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobe--smallglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1launch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo
A former member
Post #: 1
Hi ChicagoVeg members,

I work for The Cancer Project. I contacted Vadim to see if you are interested in showing our "Eating Right for Cancer Survival" DVD. As per Vadim's request I'm posting details of the DVD so that you can discuss showing it.

Showing this DVD will help your members and help you recruit new members.

The Cancer Project promotes a healthy vegan diet. Our nutrition guidelines help in reducing cancer risks, as well as address many other chronic problems.

The DVD has 9 lectures by Dr. Neal Barnard and some cooking segments.

• How Foods Fight Cancer
• Fueling Up on Low-Fat Foods
• Favoring Fiber
• Discovering Dairy Alternatives
• Replacing Meat
• Cancer-Fighting Compounds and Immune-Boosting Foods
• Maintaining a Healthy Weight
• Foods and Breast Cancer Survival
• Foods and Prostate Cancer Survival

Each lecture is 10 to 20 minutes. The total time is 4.5 hours.

I recommend you start by showing the 1st lecture and make an easy bean salad http://delectableplanet.com/recipes/easy-bean-salad.html­ at the meeting/showing.

Thanks
Sanjay

--------------------------------------­-------------------
Sanjay Jain
Tel:202 527 7301 Fax: 202 527 7453
Join The Cancer Project's Action Team
--------------------------------------­-------------------

Reid
user 8855234
Chicago, IL
Post #: 16
One of the films in the PETA list that Robert Beshara linked to is Super Size Me, which is available in its entirety for free from Google at the link in this sentence. It is a documentary of a guy who eats only at McDonald's for 30 days to see what it does to the human body--along with limiting himself to the amount of exercise the average American does each day. His girlfriend is a vegan chef.
A former member
Post #: 2
Food Matters was excellent and is available on Netfilx streaming..

The David Wolfe interviews are especially enlightening.
A former member
Post #: 12
I keep a copy of the below movies at my desk when people show interest in my diet:

Forks over Knives
Vegucated
Food, Inc.
Fat, Sick & Nearly Dead
Chow Down
Hungry for Change

All of them have different ways of making the same point.
Maria
user 3988482
Chicago, IL
Post #: 56
Dr. cousens Reversing diabetes, raw food diet. there is also a great lecture for anyone interested in facts for your friends here is a dr. who talks about vegetarian diet and health https://www.youtube.c...­