I am looking forward to meeting you tomorrow, sharing stories and good food!
Here is some additional information to make the potluck event tomorrow easier and more fun for everyone! Your name (and plus 1, if applicable) from the Meetup group will be on a list for the front door staff in my building. If you need to reach me, please text only[masked]-4077.
I will provide a couple pitchers of brewed ice tea and water.
Please bring a vegan/plant-based food item, recipe you've created along with a written description of the food, its ingredients and your name to display next to your dish. There may be strict plant-based guests who do not include oil or salt and minimal sugar in their diet; and others with nut allergies or gluten-free.
• All food must be vegan/plant-based which is defined as not containing any animal products: meat, milk, cheese, eggs, honey, yogurt, butter, whey, lard, casein, gelatin, fish, animal broth, etc.
• Some suggestions include: chopped salad, steamed veggies, potato dishes, casseroles, plant-based desserts.
• Please bring food to eat food.
• Please bring enough to serve at least 6 people.
• A list of ingredients and/or the recipe with your name should be written down to display near your dish.
• If needed, please provide a utensil so people can serve themselves.
• Bring your own plate.
• If you don’t cook: store/restaurant bought food is allowed as long as the ingredients are available.
Utensils and cups will be provided. There is a microwave and sink available.
We are asking for a donation from $5 to $10 per person to cover the room rental cost.
330 N. Jefferson (Kinzie Station) is a 26-story red brick high rise located at the very end of Jefferson Street, north of Fulton Street. There is a driveway on your left after you pass Jefferson Tap and Grill.
Parking is fairly easy in this area, and you may find it free around Clinton/Kinzie streets. There is a large parking lot with a Jewel and other stores on the opposite side of my building, at 370 N. Des Plaines Street.
The location is also close to the CTA Blue and Green line; and the #8 and #56 buses.
Any question or comments? Car-pooling arrangements? Please use "Comments" section on the event page.