addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Chicagoland Astronomy Club Message Board › Astronomy 101

Astronomy 101

Ed S.
informa
Chicago, IL
Post #: 2
UPDATES - FRIDAY 28TH

- SPEAKER WANTED: I'M LOOKING FOR A SPEAKER WHO WILL INTRODUCE THE 5 COOLEST ASTRONOMICAL APPS AVAILABLE TODAY. ARE YOU THE ONE? :)
- IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO CONTRIBUTE WITH A TALK ABOUT YOUR FAVORITE ASTRONOMY SUBJECT, PLEASE, REPLY TO THIS MESSAGE AND TELL ME MORE. JUST ONE RULE: IT HAS TO BE OF NO MORE THAN 20 MINUTES LONG. ALL SPEAKERS ARE WELCOME!
- I WILL EMAIL YOU THE FINAL SCHEDULE OF THE EVENT TOMORROW MORNING
- DOORS WILL OPEN AT 1PM
- THE MAIN RECEPTION WILL BE AT AROUND 1:30
- THERE ARE 4 CLASSROOMS AND A CAFETERIA AREA THAT WE MAY USE FOR SOME OF THE TALKS
http://www.eduardo.ne...­
- FOUR TALKS WILL HAPPEN SIMULTANEOUSLY
- TALKS WILL BE REPEATED 2 OR 3 TIMES DURING THE EVENT
- TALKS WILL HAPPEN EVERY 30 MINUTES STARTING AT 2 PM (HH:00 & HH:30) SHARP
- TALKS WILL LAST BETWEEN 15 TO 25 MINUTES EACH GIVING YOU SOME TIME TO GRAB A QUICK BITE AND GO TO THE NEXT TALK. THERE WILL BE NO OFFICIAL BREAK TIME.
- THE QUANTUM PHYSICS AND ASTROPHYSICS TALK WILL BE THE ONLY TALK THAT WILL LAST AROUND 40+ MINUTES WITH Q&A AND IT WILL HAPPEN AT 3 PM AND AT 6 PM
- IF THE DAY IS CLEAR (SEEMS LIKE IT) WE WILL HAVE 2 SOLAR TELESCOPES POINTING TO OUR STAR. ONE TO WATCH SOLAR SPOTS AND THE OTHER WITH A HYDROGEN-ALPHA FILTER TO WATCH FOR SOLAR FLARES
- IF YOU ARE PLANNING TO ATTEND OTHER EVENTS JUST REMEMBER THAT WE WILL BE THERE UNTIL 8 OR SO. YOU CAN COME ANYTIME!
- IF YOU ARE PLANNING ON BRINGING CHILDREN PLEASE LET ME KNOW BY REPLYING WITH THE NUMBER OF KIDS YOU ARE PLANNING TO BRING WITH YOU
- THERE ARE TONS OF RESTAURANTS AROUND THE AREA, OR SAVE SOME CASH AND BRING YOUR OWN FOOD AND DRINKS!
- THIS IS A FREE EVENT, BUT, I WILL ASK FOR A TINY DONATION TO PAY FOR THE SPACE RENTAL FEE. YOU DON'T NEED TO DONATE, BUT, IF YOU DO PLEASE BRING CASH! =)
- THANK YOU AND I'LL SEE YOU SOON

EDUARDO