Chiltern Explorers Members Agreement
The aim of Chiltern Explorers is to explore the Chiltern Hills and further afield with trips to some of the UKs National Parks or other areas of Outstanding Natural Beauty. We have a relaxed pace which includes sightseeing and photography and we will stop for these activities.
I understand that by participating in an outdoor activity there is a risk element, which I accept. I also understand and agree to accept the terms and conditions listed below in taking part in an activity with the Chiltern Explorers:
• I confirm that I am medically fit for the activity I am taking part in and I am prepared to be responsible for my own safety.
• Pre-medical conditions or injuries that may affect your ability to complete the activity must be brought to the attention of the organizers before the start of the activity. If you feel unwell during an activity walk please report it to an organizer.
• If an emergency happens such as an injury, we expect you to wait until the Organizers can access and deal with the situation.
• A number of companies offer insurance for hiking and outdoor activity, which may also be worth considering if you are involved in outdoor events.
• The group needs to stay together and we will wait for the group to assemble at convenient points on the route which will also act as rest stops. All members of the group will wait for the slowest member of the group. You must inform the organizers if you are leaving the group for a toilet break.
• We expect members to adhere to the Countryside Code at all times.
• If you are bringing a dog on an activity refer to the Countryside Code and our Dog Policy.
• If anyone wishes to leave an activity before the finish they must inform the organizers who will then give consent for them to continue at their own risk.
• You must wear appropriate clothing such as proper walking boots, warm and wet weather clothing (please check that these are in good order) and carry sufficient food and water.
• Activities may be over rough, muddy or steep ground, so take care at all times. Be careful of wet surfaces and barbed wire on fences. The walk routes cover designated paths, bridleways open access land and cross fields that may contain farm animals and wildlife, be aware of these.
• We may occasionally have to cross main roads, or walk along farm tracks and country lanes, please be aware of traffic in these situations.
• We do not guarantee the accuracy of information displayed on the website, although we will endeavour to make it as accurate as possible; check travel before departing.
• No under 18s without prior consent.
• Timekeeping, if you are late for an activity we may not be able to wait, phone if you are delayed.
• At all times the decision of the organizers is final on all matters likely to endanger the safety and well being of the activity.
• Failure to comply with these conditions may lead to exclusion from the group.