Do you ever wish you had an expert to help with your bike maintenance?
Tonka Cycle and Ski is hosting an event, “Shop Night” for ChristianCycling.
Bring yourself and your bike to Shop Night.
Wish you knew how to
· Check bearing systems: hubs, bottom bracket, headset and pedals
· Check brake and gear cables and cable housing for fray, breakage or corrosion
· Replace brake pads, rubber brake hoods and handlebar tap
· Check your chain, cassette cog and chain-ring wear and replace worn parts
· Demystify the rear derailleur and how to adjust it, to make shifting smooth
This low-key is a great way to meet folks. We need at least 6 to make it fly.
Plan to do self-repair or modest tuning that requires expert skills or tools.
One attendee plans to bring the road bike that needs the annual tape, chain, tires, brake & shift cables and maybe a different rear cassette.
What: Shop Night
When: 5:00 pm - 7:00 pm Sunday Feb 19
Where: Tonka Cycle Shop
This works, in part, because the shop expects to make some money selling parts.
We will share the full attention of one trusty bike mechanic.
The spots are valuable, first-time first-serve via Meetup. If folks cannot make it they really need to cancel, on Meetup, to free up a spot for someone else.
The fee is $20 and will be collected at the shop to feed the mechanic, thank him and to cover some Spoke expenses.