addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobe--smallglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1launch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Church of Azazel proto-congregation, New York City Message Board Rituals and practices of the Church of Azazel › Ritual: Calls to the Princes of the elements/directions

Ritual: Calls to the Princes of the elements/directions

Diane
DianeVera
Group Organizer
New York, NY
Post #: 331
The call to "the Dark One" still needs work. When I performed the ritual tonight, the current latest version did NOT roll off the tongue easily. Perhaps the following rearrangement might flow better?

Hail, Dark One!
Infernal Mystery, hidden Muse,
Mighty Liberator, black Flame!
King of the depths!
Ruler of this world!
Hail, Legions of the Pit!
Hail, Dark One!

Hail, Azazel! HAIL, SATAN!

Diane
DianeVera
Group Organizer
New York, NY
Post #: 332
Having performed the above version last night, I'm still not satisfied with it. I now think the following (the version I came up with originally) might be better:

Hail, Dark One!
Infernal Mystery, hidden Muse, black Flame!
King of the depths!
Ruler of this world!
Hail, Legions of the Pit!
Hail, Dark One!

Hail, Azazel! HAIL, SATAN!

Diane
DianeVera
Group Organizer
New York, NY
Post #: 440
A little over a month ago, I modified the Recommended standard ritual format on my Theistic Satanism site to include the improved version of the Greetings to the Princes and the Legions of Hell, as discussed above.

I would very much appreciate feedback from from anyone using this ritual format. (If you have not used it or the previous version before, I would suggest using it in the context of a self-initiation rite first.)
Corbeau de M.
Corbeau_deMarais
Melbourne, AU
Post #: 2
One possible line for the section on the "Dark One" might be "Quintessence of the Infernal Mystery." That's a deliberate pun on the word "quintessence." I kind of like it, but at the same time I'm concerned that my pun may be a bit jarring and counterproductive to creating a meditative mood, simply because it is a pun. How do others here feel about that line?

Any better ideas?

I don't think there need be any concern about jarring a meditative mood. My practice and understanding of any variation of Circle Settings or the LBRP is that it encourages a focused and deliberate mindset that precedes, and establishes an appropriate mindset for, any further work or meditation.

The setting of the "sacred space" requires a thoughtful focus on what is being created, and what is being achieved. It is an entirely appropriate time to fully reflect on what one is doing, and why. It is assumed that the user will have already pondered what "quintessence of the Infernal Mystery" means to them, so one would hope it doesn't cause any undue or distracting reflection during the actual recitation.
A former member
Post #: 3
^ I agree with the above. The LBRP is to clear the space of any 'psychic debris', essentially, if done correctly. Also, puns and other deliberate things like that would make it more meaningful to the person practicing.