addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-leftarrow-right-10x10arrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcredit-cardcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobe--smallglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1languagelaunch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinlockm-swarmSearchmailmediummessagesminusmobilemoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahooyoutube

Citizen Data Scientists - Melbourne Message Board › SQL Saturday event and PreCon Sessions

SQL Saturday event and PreCon Sessions

Martin C.
MCairney
Melbourne, AU
Post #: 3
Hi all.

For those at the last Meetup, I announced some information about the SQL Saturday event and the PreCon training day. As promised I'm posting the information here as well to make sure you all have access to the information.

PreCon Training Day
This will be held on Friday 19 February 2016 at Monash University's Caulfield Campus. The details of the sessions that we have on offer can be found here.

We currently have an Early Bird discount rate for the courses of $265 until 13 December 2015. After this the price will rise by an additional $100 to $365 - so worth getting in quickly.

I got asked about a Student Discount - if you email us directly at sqlsatmelbourne@outlook.com we can provide more information. You will have to provide evidence of your student status.

SQL Saturday Event
This will also be held at Monash University at Caulfield. This runs for the full day on Saturday 20 February 2016 and is the biggest Microsoft Data Platform conference event in the Asia Pacific region.

We will have around 30 sessions over the day covering all aspects of Microsoft's Data Platform - including sessions on the Analytics side. Registration can be done on the event's website located here. Theere is a minimal cost of $15 for the day which is a contribution towards the catering for the day (breakfast, lunch, snacks and drinks are all provided throughout the day).

If you are interested in speaking at SQL Saturday, there is still some time to submit a session. We have a special track for new speakers as well where you only need to present a 10-15 minute Lightning Talk and we offer a major prize for the best Lightning Talk of the day. However, submissions close this Sunday - 6 December 2015 ... so be quick!

If you want any more information then you can message me directly or use the email address as above.

Cheers

Martin