addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-leftarrow-right-10x10arrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcredit-cardcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobe--smallglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1languagelaunch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinlockm-swarmSearchmailmediummessagesminusmobilemoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahooyoutube

Citizen Data Scientists - Melbourne Message Board › Data Science Meetup Update

Data Science Meetup Update

Sudarshan R.
user 199952831
Melbourne, AU
Hi All,

I wanted to give you a quick  and short update on Data Science Meetup we had in the Melbourne office today. We had 2 presentations plus few demos. One on SQL Server 2016 : Features Overview and one on Introducing Microsoft  SQL Server 2016 R Services . Sessions went till 8 P.M! Thanks to all who were able to join us yesterday!

Key Takeaways:

Majority of customers /Data Scientists  who joined the session were not aware R is going to be integrated with SQL 2016. The key message “real-time operational analytics or predictive analytics with operational data without compromising performance”  sounds impressive to them. They look very excited and will like to discuss this further  with their respective Business Decision Maker.

Going Forward:

· Though the date  of the event was shared almost 5 weeks ago along with the content and 85 people registered for this event , less than 20 turned up today. From past responses, it looks it happened earlier as well. We have total 700 members in our meetup group and hence expect to see more attendance if we want to make this meetup relevant.  Going forward if you are not able to join us , please let us know , it will help me to take care of logistics more optimally!

· Few customers have shown interest to speak in our meetup and share the real life problems and what solutions and respective approach they took to resolve those.  Core theme will be Data Science and Analytics.We may have 2 sessions ( one by our internal Microsoft  Technical member and one from customer or partner in our future meetups.

Feel free to reach out to me directly if you have any questions or want to speak in future Data Science Meetup.

And also want to introduce you all about myself in little more detail.

My name is Sudarshan  and I am currently working as Data Platform &  Advance Analytics Technical Solution Professional in Microsoft Australia .Overall I have 11+  years of IT Experience and mostly in SQL Engine and BI space. I look into South Australia and my prime role is to provide Presales Technical Leadership to all our Enterprise and Mid Segment customers. The Areas where my passion lies are
Areas covered:
- SQL Server Database Engine
- SQL Server Reporting Services
- SQL Server Integration Services
- SQL Server Analysis Services (Tabular and Multi-Dimensional)
- SQL Server Data Quality and Master Data Services
- SQL Server Azure Databases (PaaS)
- SQL Server Virtualisation (IaaS)
-  PowerBI analytics
- Cortana Intelligence Suite.
Apart from this during my spare time, I love spending time with my family , watching moves and yes I am still playing active cricket during Melbourne summer!!

Thanks all !

Sudarshan