The Cleveland Big Data and Hadoop User Group is excited to announce a MEGA-CHUG at the Great Lakes Science Center! The event will run from 5:00pm to 9:30pm.
Free to attend, open to all.
** Updated Sept 4, 2014 - GLSC has allowed us to start at 5pm to better accomodate the crowd.
5:00-6pm - reception on level 2 (cash bar & appetizers)
6-8pm - 5 great sessions in the OmniMax Theater! (20 minutes apiece)
1) Hadoop Data Management 101 (Doug) - Doug will provide an overview of data management approaches (e.g., files, HBase, Solr) and the strengths of each approach.
2) Apache Parquet (Cloudera) - Parquet is a columnar file format co-developed between Cloudera and Twitter that is used for massive analytics.
3) Hadoop and HBase at OCLC (OCLC) - The Online Computer Library Center provides information to tens of thousands of libraries. And it is the organization that maintains the Dewey Decimal System (in HBase).
4) Hadoop at Yelp (Yelp) - Yelp is an online review system that you've probably heard of. :-)
5) Big Data Network Monitoring (Arista)
Afterwards, attendees will have the choice between doing the following until 9:30pm.
A) OmniMax Movie "Fighter Pilot: Operation Red Flag". This is a movie about Air Force fighter pilot training. Rule #1: do *not* hurl in the OmniMax theater. Rule #2: if you think you are going to hurl, see Rule #1.
B) NASA Glenn Visitors Center (1st floor of Science Center) - see actual astronaut stuff. It's awesome.
Free Parking at the Science Center. That's right - free parking. You should come to this event simply to get free parking.
Please RSVP, and we hope to see you there! This is free to attend, just so it's clear.
* Explorys (www.explorys.com)
* Progressive (www.progressive.com)
* Cloudera (www.cloudera.com)
* Yelp (www.yelp.com)
* OCLC (www.oclc.org)
* Arista (www.arista.com)
* Dell (www.dell.com)