We've purchased one book but not settled on it as a textbook just yet.
I am in negotiations with Safari.oreilly.com for a group rate for our
meetup (and other meetups that might want in on it). Depending on
the quoted prices, that might offer us one option.
Once we have a couple of discussions, we should be able
to finalize our decision on study materials.