What we're about
This is an IBM sponsored meetup group.
Geared towards developers and technologists who want to create great apps using Cloud, Microservices and Kubernetes.
To build the next generation of applications we must change:
- How we scale apps
- How we build and test
- Where applications run
- How apps communicate
Even the definition of what makes an application has changed with Cloud, Mobile and Internet of Things. Our meetups give you the opportunity to get hands on with new and proven technologies to build applications designed for this new world of Cloud, Web, Mobile, Social and Internet of Things.
Our Meetups typically include a 45-60 min (max) presentation to provide an introduction to technologies and techniques to help overcome the challenges of building next generation apps. This is usually followed by several hours of hands on experience working alongside fellow developers, and meeting with the developers behind the tools. There is often an opportunity to be among the first to experience alpha/beta technologies from IBM. We provide access to all the tools including in the cloud environment. Just bring your laptops. Of course, all our meetups are free to attend and no marketing or sales pitches are permitted. Meetup topics include:
- Building production-ready node.js, Java and Ruby using the Cloud
- Creating applications and deploying in the Cloud using open platform-as-a-service technology IBM Cloud and IBM Cloud Private
- Wiring the Internet of Things to the Cloud using Node-Red, MQTT
- Scaling Java applications using WebSphere Liberty
- Improving responsiveness of applications using MQ messaging