addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Club Cyberia Makers Message Board › Rotary Power Converter

Rotary Power Converter

A former member
Post #: 7
Piero, is there anything you need to get the rotary power converter finished up? I might have a relay compatible with 3 phase power and if I don't I saw some solid state relays on eBay for a decent price. That might be a nice alternative for powering a high current motor. I do have plenty of relays suitable for the 2 phase starter motor. I could construct a simple microcontroller timing board to perform the startup sequence. Maybe even rig up a tachometer rather than rely on a timer. For testing a couple of toggle switches are adequate, obviously.
David L N.
webaugur
Indianapolis, IN
Post #: 1
Sorry, this former member is me. wink
A former member
Post #: 7
Well for starters (haha) I was trying to figure out the best place to locate the contraption. If we ever acquire any other 3phase equipment it would be nice to have it downstairs. But that would mean wrestling that motor downstairs and mounting it on a new welded frame. So at this point I was content to put it on the shelf until this classroom business is up and running.
David L N.
webaugur
Indianapolis, IN
Post #: 3
OK, sounds good. We won't need the big ventilation system running until we have a lot of other things done anyway.