This year N3rd Street officially turns one year old and Code for Philly (as well as many others) are helping celebrate. Check out the website for a comprehensive list of participants: http://n3rd.st
Last year, the Philadelphia City Council officially recognized N. 3rd street, as “N3rd Street” (pronounced “nerd”) a growing corridor of Philly’s thriving collaborative, creative, startup, and technology community. Since then, we’ve seen the N3rd Street community continue to grow with N3rd Street Farmers Market, N3rd Street Gamers, N3rd Street Prom, and more!
The event will feature a collection of local companies, artists, and “n3rds” showing off their passions. Live music will be provided by Philly-natives Aaron Goode & The Goode Guys.
The N3rd Street Birthday Party will serve as a fundraising effort for community building initiatives, including:
• To create micro-grants for Code for Philly developers to build software tools to improve N3rd Street and Philadelphia as a whole.
• To build a free public “N3rd Street Wifi Network” with Bamboo WiFi.
• To support local community centers, park departments, cleaning efforts, after-school programs, and volunteer efforts.
• To support local schools and neighborhood associations to involve kids in projects with the tech, music, and artist community.
• To spread national awareness of the City of Philadelphia’s support of entrepreneurs and the strength of our community in Philadelphia and its’ surrounding suburbs.
“N3rd Street has become home to a growing population of creative and technology businesses, as well as a variety of collaborative spaces and community initiatives. In the last few years alone, the area has seen growth beyond a handful of tech stalwarts to an increasingly connected community,” said Danny Harvith, Director of Business Development at Jarvus Innovations and ‘co-captain of N3rd Street’. “We wanted to do something for the citizens of Philadelphia who are contributing to our community every day. We want to improve the infrastructure, connections, and resources available to those making incredible efforts.”
To join in the cause, members can contribute to the N3rd Street IndieGoGo campaign, register for the event,spread the word through the Twitter handle or Facebook profile,or, more importantly, get involved.