Code4Lib SoCal will meet again in December, this time in Pasadena at the Caltech Campus. (MAP) (http://www.caltech.edu/map/walter-and-leonore-annenberg-center-for-information-science-and-technology)
• Johan Gyllenspetz, will discuss the geospatial work being done at Mapillary (http://www.mapillary.com/map).
• Craig Dietrich will discuss Scalar (http://scalar.usc.edu/scalar/), a media-rich scholarly publishing platform.
• Robert Doiel will present his implementation of a versatile single search box for the Caltech Library’s home page
• Casey Grzecka will speak about the Grav (http://getgrav.org/) framework
• Gloria Gonzalez will talk about publishing library linked data
• Lightning talks / Ask the audience - Bring your short talks about interesting things that you're doing, or bring a question or problem that you're struggling with; someone in the audience may have an answer! Freeform and friendly!
*** There will also be a tour of Caltech's new TechLab (http://libguides.caltech.edu/TechLab) ***
Parking is $6, at the Holliston Parking Structure: http://www.caltech.edu/map/holliston-parking-structure (Use the automated pay station.)
More details forthcoming. But contact glt-at-library.ucla.edu if you have an idea for a talk!
Many thanks to the Caltech folks for offering to host!