What we're about
What better way to get connected to the day - to ourselves - than a great cup of coffee. A few sips and the possibilities begin to clarify. A walk down Whyte Avenue. Enjoy the richness of this vibrant community - Old Strathcona. Perhaps pick up a tchotchke for the coffee table. Since we're here, let's bring our anecdotes to the Coffee Klatch. We'll share our cares and inspirations with friends and would-be friends. Over coffee - So nice to connect.
If you enjoy meeting new people and getting together for warm and casual chats, then you’ll want to come to Coffee Klatch on Whyte. Our goal is to have meetups with an active group of people, we can get to know.
Diversity and inclusivity are good so there are no restrictions to age or gender, no dating expectations or agendas, and for now, no predetermined topics of discussion. Just open minded people having good days and bad days, who want to unwind. Meetup.com is a great social hub for a wide range of groups, so there are lots of opportunities for getting to know others with common interests and making lasting friendships.
Let's meet at Second Cup at Varscona on Whyte, 10620 82 Ave on Thursdays at 7:00 pm.
Check out the photo in our ‘Old Strathcona’ Photo Album with a link to: http://www.oldstrathcona.ca/Map for tips on where to park. In addition, there’s free parking on many of the avenues north and south of Whyte, as well as several bus routes servicing the area.
~ ~ ~
GUIDELINES FOR MEMBERSHIP TO COFFEE KLATCH
- Have a photo of yourself posted to your profile (nude or partially nude photos are not acceptable).
- RSVP to the events you wish to attend. If the spots are filled, you can be put on a waiting list.
- If you later find you can't make the event, take a moment to update your attendance status to 'No', in as much advance of the meetup time as possible.
- Be yourself, be considerate, come to meetups, and enjoy!
- Please note, after a certain length of time, inactive memberships and those not following guidelines, will be removed to make room for others.
~ ~ ~ Welcome Members! – We look forward to meeting you! ~ ~ ~