We are pleased to announce that we have a NEW Venue for our Saturday CHWG Critique Group! A College Campus Venue is a first for us and we want to make sure you find us so follow these instructions:
-Every Saturday 12pm- 4pm - Confirmed til May 28th, 2016 (April 2nd is up in the air as of right now)
- We will be in the The Western University of Health Sciences Library, aka The Pumerantz Library - Address 267 Third Street , Pomona
- Entrance to the Library is located on Gibbs Street ( In between Second Street and Third Street) (The Library is on the NW Corner of Third Street and Gibbs)
- Free Parking is directly across from the Library Entrance (it's Free on the Weekends)
- Please check into security to the left when you walk into the building, show ID, sign in, receive a guest badge (sign out and return Guest badge at the end of the meeting)
- You can ask security where the elevator is. We will be on the 4th floor in the Conference Room - exit elevator and go to the last room on the left.
- We are allowed to bring our own food and drink as long as we don't make a mess and leave the room as we found it.
SEE YOU THERE!!! Feel free to call me if you need help locating the room - Christine Marie Bryant[masked]
What a GREAT WAY to spend your Saturday afternoon!!
Great Food !! Awesome People !! AND AMAZING STORIES !!
I'm Christine Marie, the founder of Coffee House Writers Group, Welcome! Our Writers Group on Saturday is from 12pm to 4pm. There will be a sign up sheet if you wish to share. We read in the order of the sign up sheet.
There is no time limit on reading. We just ask that you watch your time and be respectful of other writers wanting to read. If there are more members attending, the time reading might be shorter than if there are fewer members attending. Everyone is encourage to read & join in with the feedback. Please just take home with you the feedback that works for you and leave what doesn't at the table. The feedback and critiques should never prompt debates, this is not about "right verses wrong," just about simple advice that the writer can choose to accept or not. Everyone here in the group is here to help you grow as a writer and inspire you to write!
We like to think of our group as a PG13 group, (maybe borderline rated R). Anything considered above rated X material, you are more than welcome to bring copies to see if other members wouldn't mind reading it to themselves. We do not read rated X material out loud as we are in a public place. Your cooperation is much appreciated.
Can't wait to see you and hear your stories!
Steve McCarthy is the Facilitator of this Critique Group.
- Christine Marie Bryant
We have an active Facebook Group with a community of writers to interact with. It is a private group, and you must have attended a meeting in person first to be verified. No spam or solicitation. We also have a fan page for anyone to "like." Follow us on Twitter @CHWritersGroup
Check out our Podcast on