addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobe--smallglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1launch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

The Colorado Scuba Meetup Group Message Board › Diving in and around Key West...

Diving in and around Key West...

Dan M. R.
DMR-Colorado
Littleton, CO
Post #: 6
I'll be in Miami and plan on driving to Key West in a couple of weeks. Does anyone have any suggestions of the dive scene there or along the way? Tips and Traps would be appreciated. Thanks!
Keith
user 9934967
Denver, CO
Post #: 4
I'll be in Miami and plan on driving to Key West in a couple of weeks. Does anyone have any suggestions of the dive scene there or along the way? Tips and Traps would be appreciated. Thanks!
Get yer' fishin license, a fishing net, a 3' stick, and some gloves. Look for big coral heads (where the lobsters hang out). Find a lobster, take your tickle stick and lightly tap him on the butt so he comes out of his hole to see whats behind him... Place your fishing net behind him, and whack him in the face! He'll shoot right into your net!!! Grab ahold of him with with your gloved hand (watch out for the spines, horns).
Evening meal w/ your sweetie... Lobster kits in Florida are $10-20.
Allen
Mountainpilot
Wheat Ridge, CO
Post #: 13
I strongly recommend Molasses Reef and the other reefs in the Key Largo waters.