Let's do something fun for the holidays! We will meet for dinner and have a Spiritual White Elephant gift exchange.
Everyone please bring a wrapped gift (guidelines below) for the "White Elephant" exchange. I have not yet decided on a venue so if you have a suggestion, please leave it in the comments.
Your gift should be spiritual (not religious) in nature like a deck of tarot or oracle cards that you would like to pass on, a spirituality book, crystals, etc. Ideally this will be something you have that you would like to pass on but if you choose to purchase something please keep it under $15.
The rules for the white elephant exchange are as follows:
1. Players draw numbers to determine what order we will go in.
2. The first player selects a gift from the pile and opens it
Make sure everyone can see the gift!
3. The following players can choose to either pick an unwrapped gift from the pile or steal a previous player’s gift. Anyone who gets their gift stolen in this way can do the same – choose a new gift or steal from someone else.
To keep things moving along, there are a couple of limits on gift swapping:
- A present can only be stolen once per turn, which means players who have a gift stolen from them have to wait to get it back.
- After three swaps, the turn automatically comes to an end (otherwise things could drag on for a long time).
- Once a gift has been stolen twice it is considered “dead” and not available to be stolen again.
If it looks like the weather will be bad I will reschedule the event and let everyone know the night before.