Hosting / Event Organizing a Trip or Event….Meeting
SO this is about putting trips on the calendar. For those who are interested in posting a trip and for those curious about how trips get posted. It’s for those who want get outdoors but the current posting have not worked for them. It is how to post and present it to get the right people on the trip for your trip.
• 1600+ members (between my 2 groups)
• 52 weekends or 365 days a year
• Colorado defined to be quadrangle which stretches from 37°N to 41°N latitude and from 102°03'W to 109°03'W longitude 25°W to 32°W
• Fifty-three 14000+ peaks in Colorado
• 18 national parks
• 11 national forests
• 43 wilderness areas
• Colorado is 104,200 sq miles (269,800 km²)
• The Colorado Trail, one of the nation's premier long-distance hiking trails, spans 500 miles from Denver to Durango
• The Continental Divide Trail passes through many of the highest and wildest mountain regions of Colorado, such as the San Juan Mountains and the Sawatch Range. It is concurrent with the Colorado Trail for approximately 200 miles (320 km). The Continental Divide itself in Colorado meanders some 650 miles (1,050 km). There are many stretches of the Continental Divide in Colorado that have no distinct marked or named trail. The Continental Divide Trail only covers a portion of the Continental Divide in Colorado. Many stretches of the Continental Divide in Colorado are still a wilderness to even a footpath.
• Colorado is bordered by the northwest state of Wyoming to the north, the midwest states of Nebraska and Kansas to the northeast and east, on the south by New Mexico and a small portion of the southwestern state of Oklahoma, on the west by Utah, and Arizona to the southwest. The four states of Colorado, New Mexico, Arizona, and Utah meet at one common point known as the Four Corners, which is known as the heart of the American Southwest.
This is a discussion style setting to present you with the following topics:
1. Review ideas on “I want to go backpacking but the dates of trips on the calendar don’t work for me” or “so how do I get a trip posted?”
2. How to suggest a trip but not post it and get a good interest poll results?
3. How do I find a camp site / backpacking trail / boondocking location / hut or yurt?
4. Why Host an EVENT?
5. How to Post an event?
6. How to control the sign ups?
7. Waiting list or not?
8. How to find a trip to post?
9. How much do you need to know?
10. Why and when you should get a co-host?
11. How to deal with fees (i.e. campgrounds, huts, yurts)?
12. How to protect myself from problems?
13. Your Responsibility?
14. Setting rules or guidelines you want and how to do it?
15. Car pooling?
16. Trust, Fears, Friends, Family, Strangers, and a little red bear.
17. How much time do I need to spend on posting a trip?
18. I don’t feel I am qualified to put on a trip?
19. Are there qualifications I need to put a trip on?
20. “I am new to the Group/ the State/ the Planet – How could I possibly put a trip on?”
I will hold this more as a discussion style setting than a class room but have examples and even help plan trips for those wanting to. I will also make myself available on 4 other future dates for actually one on one trip planning and assistance.
It will be held at ZOOKS COFFEE and ICE CREAM / Puppet theater… 38th and Federal…Dave the owner is a super nice guy and if we can work out times and date with him we will hold it there. (I do ask everyone make a purchase as he will keep the coffee shop open just for us!)