The Colorado Skeptics Society is a community of science enthusiasts dedicated to examining extraordinary claims, promoting critical analysis and addressing pseudoscience in Colorado. We have chapters in Denver, Boulder and Colorado Springs.
We are a group of people who find beauty in science and truth in the scientific method. Our monthly discussions include, but are not limited to, topics such as:
• logical explanations for paranormal phenomena,
• the real facts behind urban legends,
• the harm of using alternative medicine instead of real medicine,
• the benefits of vaccines,
• the myth of organic food,
• and why people reject science in favor of continuing to believe weird things.
We examine how to make better decisions by looking at evidence rather than personal experiences and popular beliefs.