addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Colorado Springs Vegan Events Message Board › Trader Joe's to come to CO in 2012

Trader Joe's to come to CO in 2012

Shannon
Plant_Strong
Kaiserslautern, DE
Post #: 143
This is exciting!

http://www.9news.com/news/article/243306/222/Trader-Joes-files-paperwork-to-come-to-Colorado­

If you aren't familiar with Trader Joe's, they have fun and unique products at great prices! I buy a lot of Organic produce there and most all my organic tofu and tempeh (because of price). Other staples I get... coconut milk, beans, soup mixes, tortillas, sprouted bread, frozen organic fruit, dark chocolate,nuts, hummus, cereal, natural soaps/ face wash/ lotion, etc. They mark most all vegan items with the vegan "V".

Here's their website:
http://www.traderjoes.com/­
A former member
Post #: 1
I am soooo excited about Trader Joes. We movd down here from the Northwest, and that's the one thing we really miss. My boyfriend and I have practically been doing backflips since we got the news.
Liz C.
user 10934895
Colorado Springs, CO
Post #: 29
Trader Joe's does have some great qualities but their reputation is a little tarnished for me due to having watched a phenomenal documentary called 'Dive'. It is on netflix and I highly recommend it (only about 53 minutes run time). The video documents how Trader Joes (as well as other grocery stores) throw away inordinate amounts of food that has not passed expiration and they were even unwilling to donate it food banks or needy people when people volunteered to come and pick it up and transport it. Dumpsters upon dumpsters of food wasted every week.....it was very sad.
Brezi
user 47882592
Colorado Springs, CO
Post #: 2
yes! im watching this right now (Dive!)...i really want to know if anyone here has thought about doing something about this problem locally?

it never occurred to me that you would be able to call the store and maybe get to take the "trash" off their hands. i always try to donate food when i have the money. it would be cool to get some people together to do something like this one day...