addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Colorado Springs Vegan Events Message Board › It's a "Virtual" MeetUp, Celebrating Over 500 Members!

It's a "Virtual" MeetUp, Celebrating Over 500 Members!

A former member
Post #: 3
I love Adam's and am looking forward to warm days and nights when we can eat on the patio beside the creek. Adam's has been announcing some pretty tasty new dishes on KRCC and can't wait to sink my teeth into them. I joined this meetup group to meet people with similar interests to my own.
Xavier
user 20360681
Manitou Springs, CO
Post #: 5
I join to group to meet new open minded, cruelty free, people. And thanks to this group but after 10 years as a vegetarian, I understand now why being vegan was so important.
Kellin B.
user 2535692
Colorado Springs, CO
Post #: 1
I joined this group to meet likeminded people. To encourage & be encouraged
A former member
I joined this meetup to meet new people with a healthy eating lifestyle. While not 100% vegetarian... I wanted to learn how to incorporate more plant based food into my diet.

I would love to see an event that discusses meal planning. How to ensure nutritional needs are being met through diverse sources of nutrients. Bonus if they are quick and easy too! ;0)
A former member
Post #: 2
I joined this group because I was a member of the veg meetup group in Atlanta, and wanted to continue to meet great people, learn good places to go locally, and to be part of a support group for anyone looking to improve their health and well-being while diminishing the demand for cruelty.
A former member
Post #: 3
Herro. I joined this meetup group for a few reasons that all link back to the same main reason of wanting to connect with positive health-conscious people. All the people I live with subscribe heavily to the SAD diet and I wanted/needed to meet people who are more health-conscious in order to stay encouraged and inspired with having a better lifestyle for myself. Besides certain food allergies, I have night eating syndrome, and it can get kind of discouraging when your conscious efforts to stay "clean" and "healthy" are thwarted in zombie-like sleep-eating frenzies. Especially when the people you live with don't understand how important and how dangerous it is. I thought perhaps being around healthier people would do something good to me subconsciously so that maybe just maybe my zombie-self wouldn't eat such adverse things in the middle of the night. In any case, I wish I had more time/transportation to get to more meetups. So far I think I've only been to two meetups. Everyone seemed pretty nice. I didn't get into any fights yet so I think so far so good, haha! biggrin
LeRad
user 9711537
Colorado Springs, CO
Great Group, Fun People , Amazing Potlucks. Lets Have a potluck in Garden of The Gods.
LeRad
Emily N.
user 78985772
Colorado Springs, CO
I joined this meetup group to meet new like minded friends in the area. Going vegan is one of the best things I think I could ever do for my health and the world around me. I am always excited to see more and more people discovering the joys of a plant based diet :) go fruit and veg!
A former member
I joined this meetup to be able to meet other vegetarian/vegans and get to experience a community. Have yet to go to an event but both my husband and I are looking forward to meeting others, eating good food, and learning!
A.J. M.
A.J.M.
Colorado Springs, CO
Over 500 members? Seriously nice. I also remember when the group was featured on the Meetup homepage; it really seems to be going places!

I joined about a year after moving out here because the loneliness finally got to me and being surrounded by meat-eating didn't help my situation either. In the future, I'd love to see respective cooking and baking competitions -- complete with a panel of judges. Thoughts?