addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobe--smallglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1launch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Colorado Springs Vegan Events Message Board › Raw Food Take Out Opening in Manitou

Raw Food Take Out Opening in Manitou

Shannon
Plant_Strong
Kaiserslautern, DE
Post #: 58
From the 12-31-09 CS Independent:

Side dish
by Matthew Schniper and Bryce Crawford

Raw talent
Martine Purdy, an 11-year Manitou Springs resident, is expanding her private chef and catering business into a full-fledged restaurant called Chevy Lee Raw Foods (515 Manitou Ave., Manitou Springs, 205-4639).

Operating out of Venue 515 and named after Purdy's son, Chevy Lee expects to offer take-out and free delivery on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays, tentatively starting Jan. 26.

Purdy, 32, previously was a nurse's assistant before quitting her job, running into an old friend, and getting hired as his private chef though she had no prior experience.

"I just jumped into the project, not knowing a lot. I just thought I could do it," says Purdy. "I started researching, and writing recipes, which I'd been doing for a long time. ... It was something I really threw myself into."

Previous creations include an orange-blossom-infused carrot-apple toss, and zucchini noodles with cardamom-curry almond pâté and an avocado-currant topping.

Comment on article from her Facebook page:
Thanks bryce! i just want to clarify a couple of points....i think of myself as more of a caterer than a restaurant. and the free delivery is for manitou merchants and employees only...all others can pick up their meals from my kitchen at venue 515. we are hoping that one day we can become a restaurant! so much excitement and deliciousness!
A former member
Post #: 22
has anyone tried chevy lee raw foods yet? i just read a good article in the cs indy yesterday, and emailed for the menu. definitely want to try it sometime! ~gail

http://www.csindy.com...­