What we're about
Columbia Conscious Dance Tribe is a community of people that love to dance freely and expressively in a safe environment where we are free to fully express from our body and soul. We believe that dance is a healing art and we strive to create a community that supports personal transformation. We have a safe container but these dances are loosely structured and improvisational because there is no right or wrong way to dance and move.
Our space-holder, Anne Marie Cockrell, has a degree in Movement studies and Dance Therapy as well as experience in Continuum, Soul Motion and Five Rhthms. We are a growing community in Columbia and hoping to reach out to more of our fellow Columbians to get Columbia dancing!
Every Sunday morning at The Emerald Ballroom 10:30am-12:30pm
(120 minutes of music and dancing)
Columbia Conscious Dance Tribe is actively bringing guest teachers and dance/movement workshops to the Columbia community. See calendar for upcoming workshops from 5Rhythms and Continuum Movement. Seasonal Potlucks, Picnics and Dance Parties!
To create this sacred space together we ask that each dancer:
1. Dance barefoot or without street shoes
2. Keep the dance floor conversation free
3. Keep participation to adults over 16 years
4. Respect the space, yourself and one another
5. If you arrive after the dance has started, please join in mindfully.(without shoes or conversation).
6. Please sign in and pay before you leave.
Come experience the fun healing power of dance! No past dance experience needed.