addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1linklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Columbia Raw Food Meetup Group Message Board Special Stuff › Elizabeth Williams' mom, June

Elizabeth Williams' mom, June

Blazin'Jane
JaneW.Smith
Group Organizer
Columbia, MO
Post #: 112
I recently got an email from Elizabeth Williams, a long time member of our potluck group who usually attends with her now toddler granddaughter and her mother. June has spoken to our group before about how she stays fit and spry enough to work at the VA home at age 85. Below is the email and a request from Elizabeth.

My mom had a heart attack, then she found out she has lung cancer, even though she has never smoked. I dont think she will be back to the Raw Food Feast, at least not any time soon. Her condition is quite serious, she is weak as a kitten and the doctors have given her 6 months. She is not doing the chemo/radiation and is trying for alternative therapy, but since this is not covered under insurance I have started a webpage to raise money for her treatment. Here is the link if you would like to pass on to the feasters. I should be back to the feast this month.
http://www.gofundme.c...­

The goal we are trying to reach is $18,000, if we reach this goal then she will be going to a hospital in Mexico, but she is also seeing a doctor in St Louis on Dec 20th. He is an internal medicine doctor that also has alternative and complementary therapies at his disposal. None of his therapies are covered by insurance so that is where the fundraiser is involved. I believe that this can be overcome by my mom and I am doing everything I can to help her.
Thank you

Elizabeth