What is the purpose of a website?
This is a question my new students frequently ask, and for good reason. For better or worse, digital photography and the internet have significantly changed the way we present our work. Showcasing photographs would ideally happen with a printed portfolio in studio setting, where the size of the images, viewing distance, lighting, and atmosphere of the room impact the viewing experience. While sites like Facebook, Flickr and 500px have great potential for driving traffic to your work, at the end of the day you are forfeiting the viewing experience.
Creating your own a website is an investment of time and resources, but you will be rewarded for your professionalism and you will finally have the ability to control how your audience views your work. Join us as we teach you how to make a free website using Portfoliobox (http://www.portfoliobox.net/by/photogroup). During this class you will be able to work alongside your instructor to create your own website. You can also choose to start your website before the class and come armed with questions. If you are interested in having your own domain and a Pro account with Portfoliobox (http://www.portfoliobox.net/by/photogroup), use the link provided and save $10!
What to do to prepare for this class:
1. Register here: http://uacreativephoto.com/creating-a-website-registration-page
2. Follow this link: http://www.portfoliobox.net/by/photogroup
3. Complete the easy and automated startup process
4. Email your website URL by 11/7 at 8pm to your instructor at firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: You should have at least 6 images in your gallery. You only need to have one gallery ready for this class.
In this class you will learn:
· The importance of having a website
· How to start branding your business
· How to select a portfolio
· What Portfoliobox offers and how to use it
· How to set up your menu and website navigation
*Bring your laptop, charger, and an external drive with a collection of images you would like to put on your website if you would like to follow along.
Instructor: Ua Chamberlain
Sponsored by Portfoliobox (http://www.portfoliobox.net/by/photogroup) & UA Creative Photography Training (http://uacreativephoto.com/training)
Go to Attendee List