NEW RULES: This is a closed meetup that can only be attended if you RSVP on this list. Please note the new rules below:
We’d like to thank you for participating in our weekly adult open volleyball at the Vineyard Community Center. The number of people playing has grown by leaps and bounds and in order to be fair and accommodate everyone we’ll have to implement some new rules. Yeah, I’m not happy about it either but we want to keep everyone playing for as much as possible! So here it goes:
• We’re going to have TWO sessions that are each 2 hours in length this spring & summer! Session A will be from 6:00 - 8:00pm and Session B from 8:00 - 10:00pm. This should definitely open things up for more people and everyone will get more playing time because there will only be FOUR teams on the court per session, this means no teams will be sitting out!
• From now on the only way to reserve a spot is through this meetup group Columbus Sports and Social. I know word gets around and sometimes people just show up without even hearing of meetup, so if you have friends that want to play PLEASE tell them they need to reserve here: http://www.meetup.com/Columbus-Sports-and-Social/. If we’re full and they just show up without a reservation then they’ll be turned away at the door. Just to be clear, we WILL be checking your name off at the door so make sure you’re on the list!
• If you do show up without being on the list we’ll operate like an airline and put you on standby. If for some reason one of the RSVP’s don’t show then you’ll get their spot, which leads to the fourth rule
• Please be on TIME! Because our playing times are shortened, it’s not fair to everyone that is there on time, to make them wait for you. If you aren’t there by 6:05 or 8:05 then someone on standby will get your spot. We’ll be starting the games up right away so we can maximize our FUN.
• This one is very important. If you make a commitment to come we expect you to be there. If something does happen to where you can’t make it, make sure that you cancel 24 hours in advance so people on the waitlist can get bumped up to RSVP. Remember, we’re only going to have 4 teams so everyone needs to be there. If you RSVP and don’t show up without canceling, we may bump you the next time you try to reserve a spot for someone else on the waitlist.
NOTE: This event will be intended for intermediate players or higher which means you must at least be able to do a basic offensive play (pass, set, attack) on every possession, and be able to at least play a basic defense with blocking and rotation. It's open to both guys and girls, ages 18 & up. If you've never been to the Vineyard Community Center, they have a huge gym so there will be 2 courts available for play. Cost is free and volleyballs are provided.
If you have any questions let me know. RSVP today!