Performance is a rising requirement for building successful websites, but successful performance begins far earlier than development. So how do you get your entire team excited by it, specifically aesthetic-heavy designers?
Katie will discuss:
• Why entire teams should care
• Everyone's role in creating and maintaining a performance budget
• How to get designers excited by performance budgets
• How to begin incorporating performance budgets into projects
ABOUT THE PRESENTER
Katie Kovalcin is a designer at Sparkbox. She is the 2014 Net Awards Young Designer of the Year, a teacher for Girl Develop It, and a writer for various publications including A List Apart and Net Magazine. She strongly values collaboration with her teammates, performance in design, and beautifully smart design systems. She loves her dog and iced coffee more than anything formerly mentioned.
• 6:00-6:30 – Social/Networking
• 6:30-7:15 – Presentation
• 7:15-7:30 – Q&A/Discussion
• 7:30-8:00 – Social/Networking