We’ve all been there.
Juggling too many clients, supporting sales efforts, learning new technologies…
Your evening is probably filled with:
• Allocating lunches to colleagues and clients
• Scheduling an endless set of tech events
• Pursuing professional certifications and education goals…
Simply slicing out your work time from your personal time is harder than ever.
With your demanding work schedule, it’s all too easy to slide into patterns of what looks like multi-tasking but in fact we’re making things worse. This practice can become a serious drain on productivity and life under the false pretense of efficiency.
As if that were not bad enough, we often box ourselves so far into corners we lose focus on the immediate job at hand. Including the people involved.
In this talk, Jeff will deliver on:
• How to be a good communicator while being present
• How to stay focused on a given job while kindling your creative drive, and
• How, in all cases, doing it with 100% attention to the people around us (including ourselves)
Not only that, but Jeff will also go into:
• Painting a picture of his own failures and success
• Arguing the importance of being present, and…
• Helping you find better outcomes for yourself, your colleagues, and your clients
ABOUT THE PRESENTER
Jeff started his career with Ohio’s premiere wine wholesaler during one of the hottest eras in fine wine sales, all while tackling its IT efforts as well. He dusted off his previous knowledge of development and focused on supporting large infrastructures for wine companies nationwide.
Throughout his career, Jeff has delivered a message of being present, staying focused, and giving people around him 100% focus.
Today, Jeff is a Solution Architect at Nationwide Insurance Company and lives with his sculptor partner of 25 years along with three cats in their downtown loft… he also watches way too many horror films and never turns down the chance to either have a conversation with a friend or take a nap when the day allows.
We recommend following him on Twitter @jbreece33 (https://twitter.com/jbreece33) and reading his blog. (http://jeffbreece.com/)
• 6:00-6:30 – Social/Networking
• 6:30-7:15 – Presentation
• 7:15-7:30 – Q&A/Discussion
• 7:30-8:00 – Social/Networking
Driving down for the event? We made a map for you highlighting the parking garages, lots, and on-street parking (blue lines) in the Arena District.
We recommend Garage 1 on the map.
Front Street Garage
285 N Front St
Columbus, OH 43215
OR, SKIP THE PARKING:
• Lyft (https://www.lyft.com/invited/SEAN210825): Your first ride is FREE (up to $20) with code SEAN210825
• COTA (http://www.cota.com/GetNearby.aspx?lat=39.9697955&lng=-83.00432590000003&maxdistance=0.25): The Cbus is a free bus that stops near Nationwide Blvd
• Car2Go (http://bit.ly/car2go2cwg): Use code [masked] for 20 free minutes & the registration fee is waived
Thank you #CbusTech,
The Columbus Web Group Team
P.S. We'd love to connect with you outside of Meetup, so join us on Twitter (https://twitter.com/CBusWebGroup) or Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/Columbus-Web-Group-753472671474796/). Also, did you know all of our past Monthly Meetups and Weekend Workshops are professionally recorded, edited, and uploaded to YouTube (https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_45TB4_vvGEehnqCkj4waA)?