addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Comedy Film Bucket List - Arlington Chapter Message Board › What comedy films should everyone see before they kick the bucket?

What comedy films should everyone see before they kick the bucket?

Michelle
user 7134202
Alexandria, VA
Post #: 3
I'd have to suggest "What's Up Doc?"

I second this. It's my all-time favorite comedy.
rodney
LN569
Washington, DC
Post #: 25
I love reading other people's lists and I love seeing some of the chosen Bucket list comedy films, but I certainly question choices like Trading Places and Fletch. There are funnier Dan Aykroyd properties around, Ghostbusters, for example. I have to question why some of the classic comedy films have been completely ignored. In my opinion, Some Like It Hot with Jack Lemon and Tony Curtis is about the funniest Laugh-Out-Loud film around today. Does our meetup scheduler really feel that Trading Places should be seen by everyone before Fletch? How about Stanley Kubrick's Black Comedy masterpiece, "Dr. Strangelove, Or How I learned to stop worrying and Love The Bomb?" Not only does Peter Sellars excel by playing three completely different roles in this film, but it is chock full of more quotable lines than Airplane! "You can't fight in here, this is a war room!" or "The auto destruct mechanism got hit and blew itself up!" Dr. Strangelove also has funnier one sided phone conversations than Bob Newhart could ever come up with. It is also James Earl Jones's very first film role. And And how can you expect anyone's film education to be complete without showing Duck Soup or A Night At The Opera? The Stateroom scene and dinner order alone are worth the price of admission. Please schedule Some Like It Hot, Dr. Strangelove, or a Marx Brothers film as part of your bucket list film series. Comedy film fans will appreciate it.
Susan
user 9338978
Arlington, VA
Post #: 1
Arsenic and Old Lace
The Pink Panther
The Mouse That Roared
Arthur
Ghostbusters
Caddyshack
Say Anything
Grosse Point Blank