What we're about
Comic book nerds and manga geeks unite!!! I want to see creativity and arts thrive in Taipei. Let's get together and create some superheroes of our own.
I will cover basics for drawing human anatomy, different comic book art styles, penciling, inking, color rendering, and techniques used by professional comic book artists. By learning these basic skills, anyone can expand beyond comic book art to portrait drawings and paintings from your imagination.
This group will allow us to get together, share our ideas, help each other improve, and create some art. Stick figure experts and professional artists are all welcome.
Please bring one of the following:
1) iPad Pro with Apple Pencil. Please download Procreate app. I will provide a tutorial on how to use this amazing software that is being used by professional comic book artists worldwide. You will never go back to using paper and pencil!
2) Basic drawing tools including:
b) Pencil set and sharpener. At least HB (for light sketching) and 6B (for defining lines and shading).
c) Gum eraser. So we don't leave a mess.
d) Blending stump (tortillion). For smudging and blending.
e) Felt tip pin (if you want to ink)
f) Color pencil set or markers (if you want to add color)
In our workshops, I will eventually cover:
1) Overview of different art styles from around the world: US comics (Marvel, DC), Japanese manga, Korean manhwa, Chinese manhua
2) Drawing basic anatomy: head, body, hands, etc.
3) Perspective drawing and dynamic poses
4) Light & shadows
5) Comic book coloring and rendering
6) Creating a character
Please join us, make some friends, create some art, and have some fun!