CONTRA & BARN DANCES are wicked fun! They are public dances which are taught & prompted! Come alone, with friend, family, or as a couple; there are partners-a-plenty! Music includes Irish, New England & Quebecois jigs & reels and is performed Live! There is no smoking or alcohol, but there's plenty of dancing! Children are welcome. Wear cool, comfortable clothing and come join the fun! Wear non-marking footwear that move easily on the floor. Bring a water bottle. We look forward to seeing you at our dances!
MYSTIC CONTRA DANCE (The Pie Dance!) ~ Dancing 8:00 - 11:00 pm (Welcoming/basics 7:45 pm). Admission $10, Students $5, under 12 $2.
Slices of homemade pie (favorite pies) served @ break $3 per slice benefits band & caller.
● CHRIS RICCIOTTI, calling with "CAROL BITTENSON, fiddle; DEBBIE KNIGHT, piano!
● If swing dancing & square dancing met in a bar, you’d find contra!
● You can come by yourself, or w/a friend, or as a couple, there are partners a plenty for everyone!
● Non-marking shoes that move easily on the floor & layers of casual clothing for this fun, energetic & exercise are recommended.
● Music is live & consists of Irish, NE, & Quebecois jigs & reels, w/an occasional waltz tossed in.
● No smoking or alcohol drinking but there's plenty of dancing fun & pie slices!.
● Q's? Katrina at[masked] or [masked] https://mysticdance.webs.com/