Content Strategy Seattle Message Board › JOB POSTING: Content Marketing Manager – Amazon Wireless
This just came across the wire, and it might be a good fit for one of us! If you think this is interesting to you, contact me either through Meetup here or Twitter @scottpierce and I can PM you - evidently, Meetup won't let me post the hiring manager's email address.
Content Marketing Manager – Amazon Wireless
About Amazon Wireless
Amazon Wireless is Amazon's fast growing anchor business in the explosively growing and ever-changing mobile industry. Our Wireless business group is considered highly strategic to the overall Amazon business, given Amazon Wireless' role as the hub of a many-spoked wheel that includes the retailing of smartphones, service plans and mobile accessories, and the cross-merchandizing of Amazon's digital content businesses including Appstore, Kindle, MP3 and Video on Demand, and Cloud-Drive. As our business continues to scale, Amazon Wireless will become the premier point of aggregation for all things mobile in the industry. Whether a consumer is buying a mobile device, upgrading a carrier service plan, tricking out his/her iPhone, downloading mobile apps and digital content, or seeking to discover, compare or research anything in the industry - Amazon Wireless will be the retail hub for one’s mobile life.
It's an exciting time of big growth, big bets and lots of innovation and experimentation, particularly within our marketing team, as we seek to create new marketing channels to drive awareness, preference and exponential growth in traffic and transactions. Currently, we are seeking a content marketing manager who can play an instrumental role in helping us scale our business.
About the Role: Content Marketing Manager – Amazon Wireless
The Content Manager plays a critical role in driving marketing and creating a best-in-class customer experience through website content and campaign creation. The role will be to take ownership of our web-site presence and of planning and execution of myriad online marketing campaigns. This includes responsibility for the execution of numerous and frequent iconic product launch campaigns across Amazon properties and overall site merchandizing and content creation to drive a world-class customer experience on AmazonWireless.com, from creating campaigns and content to driving best-in-class conversions. The manager in this role will leverage existing Amazon marketing platforms like email marketing and various targeting technologies within our site merchandizing platforms, as well as manage our growing social media presence and other new marketing channels currently in development.
Additionally, the Content Marketing Manager will oversee day-to-day relationships with our mobile carrier and OEM partners, coordinating overall programs and collaborating on campaigns and execution across a broad spectrum of programs, and maintaining campaign calendars and success metrics for reporting purposes.
· 5+ years experience in online marketing and/or content creation
· End-to-end program management experience – including content/program creation, on-going maintenance, reporting/analysis, optimization, etc.
· Experience in analyzing data for the greatest return on invested time and resources
· MS Office
· Photoshop and web design skills
· Familiarity with HTML, XML, Photoshop, and general MS office software (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
· Bachelor's degree
· Superior verbal and written communications skills
· Ability to conceptualize and execute projects, with strong bias for action, ability to prioritize and meet deadlines, and exceptional attention to detail
· Familiarity with digital marketing and site merchandizing. This may include experience managing email marketing, retargeting, social media and website content management projects, among other areas.
· Ability to take full ownership of areas of responsibility, not merely respond to requests and take direction, but anticipate and solve for problems that haven't yet occurred, imagine improvements and innovations, and implement solutions autonomously
· Ability to capture, measure, and interpret relevant data and take appropriate action as a result
· Experience in cross team collaboration, working across an organization as an effective project manager
· Experience managing complexity in both large companies as well as small, entrepreneurial organizations
· Experience in the mobile industry or marketing experience within a broader consumer electronics industry