What we're about
Let's go sailing on my 34 foot Gemini 105 Mc Catamaran! I'm always looking for fellow sailors and crew to take her out for a good time on the water. Whether we cruise around the bay or head out to the ocean, it will be fun and exciting. My boat also has a hammock over the stern so you can sit comfortably while the water rushes by beneath you. Also, if you are tired of walking, standing or sitting at a 30 degree or more angle like most monohull sailboats you can forget about that that since my boat only heels less than 5 degrees while underway because of the catamaran hull design. That also means that if you are prone to getting seasick, you can throw away your Dramamine pills. Did I mention that a catamaran doesn't have a 4,000+ lb. lead keel to lug around like all monohulls do so she is also very fast. My current top speed was 8.65 knots as compared to the max hull speed of monohulls which is around 6 knots. As a very dear friend of mine used to say, "Once you go cat, you can never go back". The bottom line is that it is very easy to pour the skipper a drink and not spill a drop. Ha!
Here's the meetup rules and guidelines so everyone can have an enjoyable experience.
1. If you RSVP Yes to an event, please make every effort to go to the event.
2. If you find that you are not able to go to the event, go back onto the website and change your RSVP to No.
3. If you RSVP for an event and the event is full, you will be placed on a wait list. If you really want to go to an event, keep your schedule flexible and be available to go, even up until the last minute.
4. If you are on the waitlist and do end up making other plans, go onto the site and change your RSVP to No and let the next person that is willing to wait move up instead.
5. If the event is open to you and a guest, you are responsible for that guest. If the guest cancels, go onto the RSVP Yes list and change your RSVP to remove your guest so the next person on the wait list can move onto the Yes list.
6. After an event is concluded, don’t just pack up your stuff and leave. It is common courtesy to offer to help clean up, take out the trash, put things away as well as securing the boat after a sail, including washing down the boat.
7. If you RSVP Yes for an event and do not show up for the event and especially if you do not call or message me in advance, you will be removed from the group.
8. Please note that you will also be required to sign a Release of Liability waiver in order to participate in these sails.