What we're about
This group is for Craft beer newbies, enthusiasts, knowledgeable and Craft Beer Curious. It's also for people who don't even drink beer. Come when you can, leave when you need to. These are primarily a chance to stop, have a beverage and converse. For those more passionate about Craft Beer, it's also an opportunity to explore, learn and experience what's current and new in the Craft Beer world. Feel free to come along and invite a friend.
1. You will never be asked for dues. Just pay the venues we go to for their food, drink, activity or corkage fees. Maybe buy a beer to bring to a tasting.
2. You don't have to be on time, unless the venue states something like "The tour starts at ...". Come when you can, have a beer. Leave when you feel like it.
3. No one is pretentious. We do get to experience rare and uber tasty beers at many events. The beer or experience is the star. We just enjoy.
4. Members get discounts! See the sponsor page. Get a free member card. Go to those places, get specials and discounts on beer.
5. Relax, enjoy, have a beer.
6. Although beer is mentioned in every rule, you can drink anything you like, even just water. We have members that are allergic to beer, they just enjoy being around laid back, fun people.
We also post public (unhosted) beer events not organized for Meetups. (More on that here (http://www.meetup.com/Akron-Beer/messages/boards/thread/42358852/0/#117107642).) This way you can attend more beer events on your schedule, if you wish. If you hear of something, let us know!
Follow us on Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/AkronBeer) for hosted events, links to Facebook Craft Beer events, local Craft Beer announcements, member specials, and articles/news about Craft beer. You can find us here (https://www.facebook.com/AkronBeer).