addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

NYC Cranium Games Message Board › Correction: Cranium comes out of estivation this afternoon

Correction: Cranium comes out of estivation this afternoon

Closed to new replies

A former member
I titled an earlier note,"Cranium comes out of summer hibernation on Tuesday".

Hibernation is, by definition, a winter respite (from the Latin 'hibernus', relating to winter),
so "summer hibernation" is an oxymoron and makes no sense.

The correct word is "estivation". from the Latin aestiv(us); of or relating to summer.

So please accept my humble apologies and please let this egregious error keep you
from coming this afternoon for a fun-soaked session of Cranium and Apples to Apples.

And when you come, if you have trouble finding the group, call me at this cell pone number:
212-675-6000

Later,
Marc