Inspired by the movie 'Crazy Rich Asians', this is an active group for fun and good-natured Vancouverites who enjoy all the food, drinks, and activities this city has to offer. Whether it's going to happy hour socials, checking out new restaurants, venturing on local hikes, or doing activities of interest to members, this group promises a free and relaxed atmosphere to make friends, network professionally, and connect with other Crazy Van Asian members. We'd love to have you join us (both Asians and non-Asians are welcome)!
Activities include, but are not limited to:
- dinner events at restaurants around the city
- happy hour socials
- bowling and board games
- group hikes at the local trails and mountains
- picnics and potlucks
- beach days
If there are other activities you are interested in doing as a member for this group, please feel welcome to let one of the Meetup organizers know. Similarly, if ever you have any questions or comments about the group, or if there is an issue you would like to raise, please reach out to any one of our organizers.
In order to keep the Crazy Van Asians Meetup Group a safe and comfortable environment, all members must:
- be approved into the group using their real first name, a clear recent frontal facial photo (no sunglasses, no side profiles, no group shots), and the completed information requirements;
- understand and adhere to the Meetup Community guidelines; and
- understand and adhere to the attendance/RSVP policies and all other group policies
Attendance/RSVP Policies may vary depending on the event. These policies are posted on each event page. However, please note that the policies on 'No Shows', 'Last Minute Cancellations', and 'Waitlists' do apply for all events.
- No Shows and Last Minute Cancellations: any No Shows (sign up for the event, never show up) and Last Minute Cancellations (24-72 hours before the event, as outlined on each individual Meetup event) are subject to a two-strike rule. First offense results in an immediate written warning to the relevant member and the 2nd offense results in removal from our group. Please communicate with your event organizer if you really need to cancel or are forced to no show.
- Waitlists: if you are on a Waitlist for an event, please check your status up to 24 hours prior to the event as you can be added up until that point. Only members marked as "Going" to an event may attend, not those on a Waitlist. As events tend to fill up quickly, we encourage members to sign up as soon as they can. Please note that if you show up to an event that you are not signed up to attend (whether or not on the Waitlist), you may be subject to removal from the group.
Overt Business Solicitation and Multi-level Marketing: As a member of CVA, meeting new people and networking is a fun and interesting part of the Meetup experience. We recognize that the exchange of business cards may sometimes lead to mutually beneficial professional connections. However, we take a dim view of anyone who joins our group solely to solicit or take advantage of our members. If you have 'business' that relates to multi-level marketing, you agree to never solicit or invite members who you meet through CVA. Any contravention of these rules is grounds for immediate removal without notice.
Very importantly, Crazy Van Asians is a harassment-free group. Any form of harassment is not tolerated and you agree to abide by this zero-tolerance policy. Further to the harassment policy, you agree to not solicit or contact members through e-mail or Meetup Messages unless you have met the individual before. Any individuals found in breach of this is subject to immediate removal without notice.
We thank you for your cooperation...please enjoy and have fun!